Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Number of the day!

Princess is watching ELmo. Just talked to my property agent and found out that she had sent her 3 kids to NAFA for piano training. It is timely as Jere is going to complete his lesson and ready to embark on the official grade 1!

What is more shocking is my agent had told his husband that she will only SAH if she has a maid else she will be busy doing housework!(many years ago) So what is her job scope? She said is to teach! Ironically, I continued to probe...So I asked her what did she teach when her children were young? Guess what was her reply? Oh! I don't teach, I just make sure that they do their schoolwork! I wonder if she heard herself as the questions were asked sequentially! I am not trying to be funny..I had asked in the light of gaining some wisdom from these "old-timer". Her kids top the school in Raffles...so of course I must know her secret by asking...isn't it? Then surprise...surprise! I think she is just being humble by saying that she din teach! She keep telling me that all her kids are different. So let's all be reminded that we should train our child the way each of them should go!

Oh yes! Training them so that when they are old they will not depart from it! What is the "it"? The relationship with God!!!not acadamic performance! I had told Jeff to remind me when Jere steps into St Hilda's..I am more fearful then him. I want and am telling myself that it is not results that make a person.But what is the composition of a person. What am building in them today?

Oh! I am also glad to share that even praying for my tuition kids prove worthwhile! One scored 90plus for English and Science while my ACS boy scored 80plus for science and MeeToh girl scored 80plus for Maths and 90plus for Eng! I am so proud of them! Thank God for their good grades! My next-contact list folks...so I must pray for them.

No comments: