Wednesday, November 21, 2007

kid and lamb

The young of a goat is called a kid while the young of a sheep is called a lamb. WOnder why we are calling our young " kids" rather than "children"?

While a goat is self centered and cowardly, a sheep in contrast is protective and brave esp in the face of danger. So I am going to switch the use of "kids" to "children" as I would like my children to be brave and not self centred.
Citing from Nancy Campbell book.

Another interesting English point to share. I do get confused when should I be using "I" and " me". Here's the example. Jodia and I saw Adelyn. Adelyn saw Jodia and me.

Just started reading this book title "A mother's heart", still reading "English as it is broken" and working on " Fulfilled family", "The power of motherhood" and "Husband and wife" from navigators. Abit ambitious hor! Also trying to compressed the book "Secret of an irresistable woman" to share with cluster!( I am not trying to show off...it is for my own records)

Well, I find comfort in Isaiah 40:11 " He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gahter the lambs with HIs arm, and carry them in HIs bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

Maybe some of you may like to know why I am reading this "irresistable woman" book. I tot that this book will remind my how to keep my marriage in shape. It didn't turn out as it is a book more suited for ladies looking for the right mate. So please wait for me to chew it and share when I am done with it.(I am those with young)

Btw, I found the answer to what age should a baby be weaned. Nancy campbel page 168. at least 3 years old in bible days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happen to stumble on your blog... really amazed by your sharing... think i can learn a lot from your sharing.... I just started a blog not long ago too.hehe..