Friday, January 11, 2008

Overreacting

Yesterday I was reminded that one esp. SAHM should abstain from this behaviour. It was an encouraging or rather comforting session last night with my ladies. We shared on parenting joys and woes, as a SAHM and a working mum.

Our God is great, he is faithful and just and will forgive us. His grace abounds in our lives as we perseve in seeking Him and doing the will of our abba father.

Oh! I learnt that overreacting is a word used to describe me pretty well. And should I hear it often, I think I should progress to be less reactive towards my children's behaviour. To train our children to be swift to obey is another art lesson that I should take daily. Again, my training for this blog thingy requires me to take time away from princess and to log in daily till I'm quite proficient in it. Meanwhile, princess is a couch now.... So training children to listen is the same old saying " practise make perfect." Interestingly, even adults are not swift to obey so how can children do that? Remembering that we are first generation christians...so we will raise a GODLY GENERATION after us! Awesome. So like it or not, brace ourselves and get to task....be swift to listen to our master...our lord.

No comments: